Dream Lock – Alan Wong
1 in stock
I consider this to be the best lock on the market.
I’m lucky to have been able to get a limited stock of these hard-to-find beautiful pieces direct from Alan Wong.
My absolute favourite gimmicked lock of all time.
In my book Bairn I talk about Alan’s Dream Lock in a number of my routines. I’m really excited to have a very limited stock of these rather hard to find pieces available.
A borrowed ring is locked on a 4 digit combination brass lock, the dials are mixed by the magician and the spectator can hold on to the lock while the dials are mixed and spectator can test a few times that the lock cannot be opened. Spectator thought of any 4 digit number and put the numbers on the lock by herself. This proves to be the secret code that opens the lock! Spectator retrieves her ring from the lock in the end. There is no need to force any pre-conditioned numbers such as someone’s year of birth, anniversary or birthday.
You can do either of the following:
1. Ask spectator to name ANY 4 digit number
2. Tell the spectator you are going to project the secret 4 digit number to her mind and have the spectator name it.
3. Have 4 different people name a single number each to form a 4 digit number. (This plays big on stage) Whatever numbers the spectators have chosen, they put the numbers and open the lock with their own hands!
- Work is pure mechanical, nothing will break
- Nothing to add or taken away
- No electronics parts, no remote control
- No magnets, no PK rings
- No threads, no wires
- No buttons, no switches
- No gravity switch, no directional limit
- No timers
- No years, no birthdays (not limit to these although you can use these numbers)
- Lock can be in spectator’s hand from the beginning to end of performance
- Reset in 2 seconds and right under the nose of a spectator
- Any 4 digit number can be named. Absolutely no force.
- Remember this: Spectators set the chosen numbers on the lock. They open it themselves!